1997 Chevy c1500 rear lift block question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMC97

Reaction score
Ok so i have a 97 c1500 and im planning on getting the RC 4" spindle lift. It says it comes with 2" blocks for the rear, so that means the front will be lifted 4 inches and back 2? is there factory blocks on the back that the 2" blocks will be stacked on or are the stock ones taken out or are there no blocks on these trucks from factory in first place?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
There wasn't a block on mine when I did the 2" lift.

DMC97

Reaction score
ok thanks, and did you need to replace the shocks for the lift?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
there's no blocks factory in the rear of these trucks but the reason the front is four and the back is two in the kit is because from the factory these trucks sit two inches lower in the front. so once the kit is installed the truck will be level. you don't need longer shocks in the front doing spindles because it doesn't change the front suspension geometry. the rear may need shocks two inches longer but I don't have lift blocks so I'm not sure.

sent from the eskanalierra lol

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a 96 C1500 with the 4" RC Spindles up front, nothing in the rear. I went ahead and replaced the shocks while I had the spindles installed. I just did Rancho RS5000 shocks in all 4 corners. They are OE heigh and ride like the truck when it was new. If you are lifting the rear... I will be eventually... you'll want taller shocks out back just like bow61509 said.

Oh.. and another thing to keep in mind... you may want extended break lines up front.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I run factory shocks on my truck, even with the block i have in the rear, seems fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

*Pic is before 3" BL added.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I also run factory shocks with my lift. I have 4" lift spindles up front and 2" blocks in the rear.

You must be registered for see images attach