1996 350 Vortec Coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
When you try to disconnect it, is when it breaks lol. However, if it does, your local parts store should have the tool, or maybe one of the techs at your work will loan you theirs, it's only a 6 dollar tool.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have everything I need, with the exception of coolant and RTV, including new oil and a filter. My buddy and I are planning on doing it in Saturday, around 4:30ish. Think we'd be able to knock it all out starting that late? I get off of work at 4, which is why we're starting late. I'd really like to be able to knock it out in a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tysmith

Reaction score
I have everything I need, with the exception of coolant and RTV, including new oil and a filter. My buddy and I are planning on doing it in Saturday, around 4:30ish. Think we'd be able to knock it all out starting that late? I get off of work at 4, which is why we're starting late.

good luck getting started! I've been reading this thread and I look forward to hearing how install went -

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I have everything I need, with the exception of coolant and RTV, including new oil and a filter. My buddy and I are planning on doing it in Saturday, around 4:30ish. Think we'd be able to knock it all out starting that late? I get off of work at 4, which is why we're starting late. I'd really like to be able to knock it out in a day

Depends on how late next your day is lol. You could, it's possible, but I'd count on having to finish it up Sunday, just in case.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I have to once again put this job off, due to me being in idiot...

I had all of the parts for my truck in two boxes. I ended up selling an old air lid from my car to someone, and to save on shipping, I put all of the truck stuff into one box, and put the lid in the smaller box and shipped it. I got a message from the person I sent it to, saying that there was an "adapter" in the box with the lid they bought, aka the heater hose connector...

Being that the the person I shipped the box to lives in Bahrain, I'll probably be buying a new connector. It depends if I can find them in stock, and how much it will cost to get the piece shipped back here. So, sorry to prolong this thread, haha. I can't seem to win when it comes to these heater hose parts

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep! Haha, when I was shipping it, it had a New York address with "BAH" in it, and I've never seen that before. I guess it's just a company that forwards his mail to him or something. This might be better for me, because I'm off work on Fridays, but I'm busy tomorrow. So, next week, or when ever I get one, I can start tearing the truck down on Friday, and finish it Saturday. Hopefully next update I have is that the truck is done. My Z28 is fun to drive, but I miss having the truck, haha

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
There's companies out there who provide the service of buying things in the US and then forwarding them to foreign countries, to help them avoid customs and fees, and because alot of seller's won't deal with foreigners anyway.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, started tearing into the truck today, was really hoping to get it done, but didn't even get the lower intake off.

Everything was coming off easily, making me think everything has been off before, but once the upper intake was off, there was no evidence of anything being changed. The thing that stopped us for the day was the ac bracket. I was just going to move it forward, but I can't break the bolt loose because of its position and the lack of leverage. I probably won't be able to do much to it until Friday or Saturday, hopefully it'll get done then.

Here's a picture of where I got stuck, any suggestions or tips?
You must be registered for see images attach

I think I said I'd take a decent amount of pictures of this, but didn't happen, just kind of went at it, but here's a few pictures I did take