1995 Chevy RCLB "Betty White" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moto4life91

Reaction score
Well guys it has been a long time since I have been in the truck game and decided to get back into after a couple years away. I could not of been happier with finding the truck I did for the price I paid.It also has 173,000 miles on the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach
Picked her up from some kid who really did not know anything about trucks. Had a freshly rebuilt transmission in here and a flow master. Turns out it was actually a magnaflow. Truck abuse is no excuse! Bahahaha Anyway, when I was looking at purchasing the truck it had several issues that really needed to be addressed ASAP. Like the alignment was so bad on it I had 3 blow outs on the way home. Yea real fun way to start the build that is for sure. One of the first things I did was remove the camper. It smelled terrible and I did not like the look of it. It also did not fit. So bye bye it went.
Now that was out of the way lets get the alignment figured out. After taking it to 4 differant shops it has come do to the frame being bent. and Not in a good way either. Also if you are needing frame work done you have to search for a frame machine. I guess that kind of work is hard to do or the machine is very difficult to operate I am not sure. Took me a week calling around to find a frame shop in Oklahoma City and I finally found one 500 dollars later and she was driving straighter down the rode. Decided that might as well get new tires while getting the alignment down and went with the Primewell AT tires which I paid 500 for installed. Couldn't find anything cheaper and I was using it more for getting from point a to point b for races anyway. Got all that fixed and it started to actually treat me well. Next was the cosmetics of the truck. What can I get for this truck and I really could get everything then I decided to call my dad. Who was been scrapping cars since I was a little kid and said I have full interior and a bunch of other parts waiting for you. SWEET!
One of the free parts he has was so happen a need set of clear headlights and turn signals! Score one for me. I also go new door panels CD Player new mirrors dash bezel and multiple other items. I also shaved the tail pipe. Dont care for that look with the bumper I had on it which someone welded to the frame.....But have had a lot of other things I got done on it to make it more comfertable to drive. Window, a new speaker. floor mats and some other stuff as well. This past weekend I decided to start on restoring the paint as best as I could without having to repaint the entire truck and I was beyond happy with the results. now it took me way to long to get just one side of the bed done but I know that to make it look good all the way with it being a 20 year paint job it is going to take some time.
This is the most recent picture I have. It was the side of the bed I just finished a 2 stage wet sand and 2 stage buff. Came out awesome! I have a lot of plans for the future and I am going down to my Dads place because he found a factory rear bumper for it and we are going to install it this weekend. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can.

moto4life91

Reaction score
Future plans for the truck included upgrading the stereo installing factory seat new hood window shields and hood shields. and getting it to be good truck for going to the races so I can ride my dirty bike! BRAAAPP!!!!

moto4life91

Reaction score

Finally got around to figuring out what I was going to do about my hood. The bug visor does a really good job of making it less noticeably. I also recently installed a new stereo and some speakers notheing crazy just on a budget. have 60 bucks in new speakers and stereo and all the warness and plastic molding. Next I need to figure out what I will be doing about my licence plate. The kid that had it before me decided to rivet it to the tailgate since the welded a rear bumper to the frame and did not make a bracket for it. That one is gong to be fun@!