1994 Front Doors onto 1995? Any issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995Knuckler

Reaction score
Can you swap a 94 front door onto a 95 truck? The ones on my 95 are rusted out, and I have a lead on a nice set of doors and was just wondering if there are any issues with this swap? And what all needs to be swapped.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the shell of the door is the same you need to swap the guts of the door from the 95 to the 94 doors and use your panels

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i mean technically you can use all the 94 stuff on the 95 and keep the older style door panel and splice all the wiring, otherwise put the door on and swpa the inner door panels and rods basically.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i mean technically you can use all the 94 stuff on the 95 and keep the older style door panel and splice all the wiring, otherwise put the door on and swpa the inner door panels and rods basically.
Since the harness is attached to the inner panel there's no need to splice anything, there's nearly zero effort to bringing the correct style wiring over with the inner panel.

Minor gotchas - no indentation on the inside of the 94 door shell where the inside handle rests; you can gently force it or carefully dimple the shell with a ball peen hammer to match the 95 door. May also be other very minor differences where the 95 inner door skin mates up that can be solved quickly with a cutoff wheel.

Sometimes...SOMETIMES...different year door shells don't fit well; 94 and 95 obviously are not far apart so you're probably in luck. Be sure to do your hinge pins and bushings while you're in there.

Richard

1995Knuckler

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info, I figured there would be some issues with it, but it is going to be worth it in the end

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk