1994 350 tbi mods....is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Ok I have a 350 with 200,300 miles on it. I know many of you have done an LS swap, they look great but kinda daunting and hard to do....not ot mention expensive.

My 350 is still good...lots of compression....still getting 16 mpg on the highway. I was thinking of swapping out the cam with an Edelbrock 3702 cam and the intake with the Edelbrock 3704. Is it worth it at this point?

I do not have the money to rebuild the engine at this point any further than the cam and intake. Will I see better power and some better gas mileage? Or should I skip this and wait until next year at the earliest to get the mods I want or the engine I want?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always read those Edelbrock cams are outdated. Regardless with a cam change you will at the least need a chip burnt. Have you done the basic TBI modifications already?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO leave it alone. These 350TBIs aren't exactly fast but why mess with something that works?

X2. I tried making my red truck fast, dumped a lot of money into it. Then I bought something that was actually fast and thought "man what was I doing?"

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was forced to go a bit further because of a blown head gasket. I figured as long as I had it down that far, I was going to update it a bit. So, I found a set of vortec heads and had them rebuilt, Found an Edelbrock 4V manifold, and bough a TBI adapter of ebay. I swapped in an LT1 roller cam and did the Ultimate TBI Mods, threw a set of shorty headers I had in storage on it, and swapped in a Windstar ekectric fan. Happy as a clam and its a pretty good runner now. Just recently bought the EBL daughterboard for the computer and am learning how to tune it.

http://forum.gmtruckcentral.com/showthread.php/1549-90-TBI-Upgrades

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I am doing the ultimate TBI mods right now on a spare throttle body. I am also installing an electric fan out of a V8 1999 Camaro. I put in a TBI spacer 15 years ago so I have experience with that.