1994 1500 & 1999 2500 TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the truck got towed the other day. I wish i could read all the pages of this thread but is there a place were one could see a list of mods done to the truck or another thread? I got this leak on my white obs i think it could be the timing cover its coming from the front. How long would it take to look you think pulling the stuff off.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the truck got towed the other day. I wish i could read all the pages of this thread but is there a place were one could see a list of mods done to the truck or another thread? I got this leak on my white obs i think it could be the timing cover its coming from the front. How long would it take to look you think pulling the stuff off.

I do not have just a build thread. If you have any spefici questions of what i have done, feel free to ask.

I have never done a timing cover. Is your truck a diesel or a gas?

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Holy nasty steering box batman!

Yeah, the old cooler lines combined with the leaking power steering fluid did not do the box any favors. it was super nasty under there. I wish i could get you guys some better photos. I know i need a new bolt, which i beileve is number 10 in this diagram. But i am also not to sure if the joint is all that good. Does anyone know if i can just replace the joint, or do is it permanently attached to the shaft? GM wants $250 for a new shaft. The bolt is only $3.50 thank god.

You must be registered for see images

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Got the shaft disconnected from the box with just a slight tug. The pinch clamp looks to still be in decent shape, and the shaft on the box is not fawked up. Im guessing either the clamp was not on 100% (giving eniugh clamping power) or they threads were just not lined up straight. But anyways, got the shaft and box soaking in some purple power (got yelled at last time I returned a core because it was covered in brake fluid) Will pick up bolt tomorrow for $3.50 from the dealer, then I will head to my old work to have 91bluestreak look over the steering shaft and joint to get his opionion on weather it looks good or not (I believe its fine)

You must be registered for see images

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo!

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I think the shaft is fawked... Its missing half the threads on the pinch clamp..... found that out after soaking it in purple power, to get all the crude off of it.... that just adds to my sh!tty day. Went to get the bolt from the dealer and the closest dealer with it in stock was in Ohio, meaning 3-5 days to ship. Could have hopefully had it overnighted for $60, whichbis not worth it. But now it does not matter since I need a new shaft

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo! now Free

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381272759170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381272759170.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 7

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow the steering shaft went bad? I just got off the phone with my auto part store and they said for the slop in my steering could be the the pittman idler arm. I have a gasser and i am getting ready to do the bearings and ball joints tire rods. Want to make my truck safe for the road.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Wow the steering shaft went bad? I just got off the phone with my auto part store and they said for the slop in my steering could be the the pittman idler arm. I have a gasser and i am getting ready to do the bearings and ball joints tire rods. Want to make my truck safe for the road.

Yup, thats why im not going to rig this. Going to do it right, so that its safe

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo! now Free