1993 ECSB K1500 4x4 Build "Scout"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtie_Nation

Reaction score
So back with an update, not a whole lot to update on yet but much more will be added here soon, lots of stuff has been happening but been too busy to show much of it for yall. So for this update I'll just graze the surface as I don't have many new pictures yet.

Did a new set of oil cooler lines again in early August. This time I think they'll last a bit better, seem to have an overall better design. But still the olds ones were only 6mo old. Also while the was parked, she gained a new patron, a huge vole who met it's death and demise as she was started up to warm up one night after work, I thought scout finally blew a lifter or threw a rod or somthing but thankfully just killed a large vole.
You must be registered for see images

Also upgraded from 30" Duratracs to 33" Fierce Attitiudes today, had to do quite a bit of trimming to leave the tire shop without rubbing, and there's still some more left to be done as the mud flaps rub while turning in reverse. But there is quite a massive size difference, but I'm pretty happy with them, no shaking down the interstate anymore. I'm problably gonna crank up the torsion bars a bit more so she looks a bit better but we'll see. Also need to trim up the trim pieces at the rear of the bumper that I took out, or I might just leave them off for a while, we'll see. But more pictures to come for sure.

Like I said there will definitely be more updates soon as long as I can find time to make them, definitely have some exterior pieces that I've acquired as well as built which will be on the truck soon, some later than others.

~Cole

Bowtie_Nation

Reaction score
Just some newish pics, also threw on some 95+ mirrors, I dig the look TBH. Also trimmed up the trim pieces between the bumper and the grille and threw them back in, and tied up the mudflaps, they still rub a bit at full crank but it's not horifying anymore, may have to tuck the rocker panel a bit to resolve my issues but not yet ready to resort to that haha.
Thinking about switching to 88-89 (maybe it was through 1990 I can't recall) style headlights, I'd be lucky to find some at a junk yard, though I think there may be in at the yard in Livingston that is from that era. Also wanting to find a nice Tan/Grey split bench like the 97s-98s have, but I don't know how my luck will fair with that.

Bowtie_Nation

Reaction score
Figured I'd give an update since it's been a while. Damned shame all my old pictures are now gone from the site. But this is where she sits right now.

So, December thereabouts I got a topper off of a neighbor's 94, was red and looked like a rotten tomato when I got it, and though I liked the patina it had, I decided to paint it matte black, was not much better since I painted it when it was 15 degrees out, granted in a garage, but it was still colder than it should have been. Got a roof rack basis off a rolled 84 grand Cherokee and threw on the cage, the spare fits up there just fine but the weight tweaks the position of the cage a bit. Put my KCs on the grille guard. Put in a new front end, ball joints, tierod ends etc. Also trimmed the rockers so no more rubbing.

Other than that the truck has been doing fine, moved me and all my stuff across the state, put on quite a few trips. Hope is it doesn't get hit any time soon as she's now parked out on the street which is new to me. Only downside is now there won't be anywhere near as many highway miles as she used to get as I'll only be driving ten miles a day for the most part as opposed to 40 roughly.

You must be registered for see images attach