1993- 94 recirculate door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My recirculate door actuator works fine but they are prone to going out and are a bear to change.I was contemplating on unhooking it when in recirculate mode and leaving it unhooked .What would be the ill effects from doing this?

Last edited:

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My recirculate door actuator works fine but they are prone to going out and are a bear to change.I was contemplating on unhopoking it when in recirculate mode and leaving it unhooked .What would be the ill effects from doing this?
If you are like me that would be great because that is the only setting i use.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ocd i guess, the thought of knowing if i wanted it to work the way GM intended it to work it would.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ocd i guess, the thought of knowing if i wanted it to work the way GM intended it to work it would.
You never know if you left it plugged in it may fail from wear but if you unplug it it may fail from sitting in one place.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
During really hot times of the year when your interior is scorching from sitting in the parking lot, your A/C will struggle to cool it down when it's set permanently on recirculate. Outside air might be hot but inside is WAY hotter.

Also, any stinky smells will be harder to get out of the truck. I've noticed this with the F-word work truck I drive which has a habit of always selecting recirculate after the key has been off. Apparently it's "smart" and does this when it detects a high outside temperature.

If you're on a long trip then you want outside air coming in, especially if you've got multiple people in the truck - y'all have been spewing Co2 into the cab the whole time. Mind you with these old trucks at this point they're far from airtight so it may not be that big of an issue.

Richard