1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nice score!!! Truck looks great! The tires and rims change the appearance that's for sure. Scrape of those decals, buff the whole truck and black out the bumper and flares. She'll look like a $5K truck in no time.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well. Tonight isn't going my way goddamnit!

Turns out the ecm was bad. Pulled the ecm from my 90, installed it into the 92 and it fired up and ran perfectly. Took it out to reinstall in my 90. Turns out I bent a damn pin somehow and upon trying to straighten the pin... it snapped off! Fawk!

I guess I'm now on the search for two 1227747 ecms!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score

Thanks, but I sent my wife over to the recycling yard and they had a couple pulled and ready for her to pickup.

With that being said, I drove up to NW Missouri today to pickup a NICE uncracked dash to fix the DESTROYED dash in the truck. I'll throw it in tomorrow.

The body lift kit and about $350 worth of repair parts have came in from Rock Auto & Summit. Sadly, I won't get to the tuneup this weekend.

I did do the 1227747 ECM swap to the truck and it runs 10X better and actually has power to pull itself now. Upon purchasing the truck, I noticed the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light was strobing, not flashing... not steady. But strobing. A little research revealed it was a failed ECM signal. Once that occurs, the ecm goes into limp mode, which is a flat timing table without advance. The girl drove this truck since last Feb. this way!!!

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking to buy a rclb in the next couple weeks here to go along with my 96 because of how much i like 400's.. i love the look of thiss one you picked up. crazy deal for it.. hope i can find one like that for that price and get some ideas from your truck!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
The deal on this truck just keeps getting better and better...

I'll leave this here...
You must be registered for see images attach

The pile of parts keeps growing and growing. I need to hurry up and get this thing together!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The deal on this truck just keeps getting better and better...

I'll leave this here...

The pile of parts keeps growing and growing. I need to hurry up and get this thing together!

Nice score in the semi float must be and f44!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, I managed to remove the dash this afternoon. Then started on the wiring mess, including the janky aftermarket keyless entry kit removal. Started working on repairing the factory radio wiring harness. I had some other things to do to the 2wd and my wife's car. So I had to wrap it up.