1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finished with the dash install today, after correcting a TON of cut / open wires in the dash. Took me 2-3 hours to just fix the wiring.

Threw a new sony CD player in it, waiting for my new speakers to come in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tomorrow will be the day for all of the tuneup work and engine work. I did take it for a little drive so I could take some updated pictures of how the truck looks now. After ditching the grille guard and cowl hood. I need to buy a new valance on the way out of work Monday.

Good news is, after the ecm swap, still with a bad tuneup. It'll spin the 35's from a dead stop and seems to run a ton healthier!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Nice job on the dash install and the truck looks good, But I liked the grille guard

Some folks do, I just couldn't bring myself to like a grille guard. If the truck was a 3/4 ton extended cab or crew, i'd be running ranch hand bumpers on it!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You ditched 2 things I want very badly lol

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did do the 1227747 ECM swap to the truck and it runs 10X better and actually has power to pull itself now. Upon purchasing the truck, I noticed the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light was strobing, not flashing... not steady. But strobing. A little research revealed it was a failed ECM signal. Once that occurs, the ecm goes into limp mode, which is a flat timing table without advance. The girl drove this truck since last Feb. this way!!!

Is that computer an upgrade from what was in the truck. I know you said yours was bad but I have a 92 as well and was wondering.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Is that computer an upgrade from what was in the truck. I know you said yours was bad but I have a 92 as well and was wondering.

From what I read. The 92 ecm runs on a faster baud rate (communication rate), but since it's a 1 year only ecm. They're tough to find in good shape.

If yours works fine, I wouldn't change it. If it's bad already, I'd do the 7747 swap.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice score on the truck especially for the price by the way