1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adding tie downs to my steppy is something I've thought about for years. Got some pics so I can see what you went with?

Here you go!

I replaced the upper bed brace bolts with those M8-1.25 eye bolts, then installed the quick links so there would be something coming through the bed liner to tie to:

You must be registered for see images attach

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks again for the compliments!

With my lady working later tonight, I was able to get back out to the garage and get more done on the truck. I scrubbed the bed liner inside and out, and backed the truck out and scrubbed the inside of the bed, too. It was pretty filthy.

I got the liner back in there, installed the quick links to the eye bolts, then got the side rails for the tonneau cover back on.

Then it was tail gate time!

This was where I called it a night. Hopefully I'll be able to get back out there to work on the tonneau cover Sunday. We have plans for tomorrow, so most likely no work then.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here you go!

I replaced the upper bed brace bolts with those M8-1.25 eye bolts, then installed the quick links so there would be something coming through the bed liner to tie to:

I'll have to keep that direction in mind. Easy to do with no extra holes. I really like it.
At most I'd be trying down the spare and a cooler.
Thanks for the pics.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well My progress has been stalled a little. Originally I planned on using MOOG replacement stock front springs and cutting them to the ride height I needed (about a 2" drop). They are progressive style springs though and I decided (with some help from another thread), to return them and buy some 2" drop specific springs. I ordered a set of MaxTrac springs on Friday and I'm not sure when they will be here. I was going to get the McGaughy's springs, but the guy I was working with at Suspension Superstore, suggested I use the MaxTrac and price matched them.

Today I pulled the truck out of the garage and put all the Christmas stuff in the attic. Afterwards I half put the tonneau cover back on and measured up for the new front rail I'm making. Drilled and cut a 1 X 1 X 48 piece of aluminum square stock to fit and painted it black. Maybe tomorrow night I can put it on and wrap up the back of the truck with a fully installed tonneau cover. I really want to replace it eventually, but the selections are pretty scarce for the 6.5' stepside bed.

No pictures tonight... LOL

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well My progress has been stalled a little. Originally I planned on using MOOG replacement stock front springs and cutting them to the ride height I needed (about a 2" drop). They are progressive style springs though and I decided (with some help from another thread), to return them and buy some 2" drop specific springs. I ordered a set of MaxTrac springs on Friday and I'm not sure when they will be here. I was going to get the McGaughy's springs, but the guy I was working with at Suspension Superstore, suggested I use the MaxTrac and price matched them.

Today I pulled the truck out of the garage and put all the Christmas stuff in the attic. Afterwards I half put the tonneau cover back on and measured up for the new front rail I'm making. Drilled and cut a 1 X 1 X 48 piece of aluminum square stock to fit and painted it black. Maybe tomorrow night I can put it on and wrap up the back of the truck with a fully installed tonneau cover. I really want to replace it eventually, but the selections are pretty scarce for the 6.5' stepside bed.

No pictures tonight... LOL
I hear you, I've been keeping my eye out for a steppy tonneau, the only ones I seem to find are the soft ones. Should have bought a fiberglass one 20 yrs ago when they still made them. I wanted a "inside, flush mount" one. Just never had the $$$. Maybe one day I'll get some aluminum, a spool gun and build one myself.