Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks y'all, I'll check em and let you know. Is the dash a single bonding point or multiple ones. I only have the phone to look at the manual. I'll get on that later. Trying to get my yard hay in between showers. We've had nothing but rain it seems. That crap got that big in about a week and a half.

Attachments

• 20240517_182127.jpg
    20240517_182127.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 4

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks y'all, I'll check em and let you know. Is the dash a single bonding point or multiple ones. I only have the phone to look at the manual. I'll get on that later.

Hello 62barsoom,

According to the '97 FSM, the short answer is that there are only 2 grounds in the cab area:

You must be registered for see images attach

Given the 5-image limit I'll have to post the physical location illustration in the next post.
And if I'm not mistaken, G201 is only used for the Air Bag setup? At any rate, you will
see that both G200 & G201 share the same connection point under the dash.

But when you look at the (4) attached pages showing all the systems that share G200, the
cleanliness/tightness of this one ground can really cast a long shadow over the vehicle's electrical
system and it's overall behavior. (!)

Periodically checking/cleaning G200 is like flossing. Better to do so than not. :0)

Let us know what you discover.

Cheers --

Attachments

• '97 G200 1st page (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol 1 and 2.jpg
    '97 G200 1st page (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol 1 and 2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8
  • '97 G200 2nd page of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol...jpg
    '97 G200 2nd page of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol...jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
  • '97 G200 3rd page of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol...jpg
    '97 G200 3rd page of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol...jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 7
  • '97 G200 page 4 of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol 1...jpg
    '97 G200 page 4 of fanout (marked up) -- 97 Chevrolet Light Duty CK Truck Service Manual-Vol 1...jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello 62barsoom,

According to the '97 FSM, the short answer is that there are only 2 grounds in the cab area:

Given the 5-image limit I'll have to post the physical location illustration in the next post.
And if I'm not mistaken, G201 is only used for the Air Bag setup? At any rate, you will
see that both G200 & G201 share the same connection under the dash.

But when you look at the (4) attached pages showing all the systems that share G200, the
cleanliness/tightness of this one ground can really cast a shadow over the electrical
system and it's overall behavior. (!)

Periodically checking/cleaning G200 is like flossing. Better to do so than not. :0)

Let us know what you discover.

Cheers --
I wonder if that’s similar for a 96? That’s one ground I’ve never seen.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Physical location illustration of G200 & G201:

And the big picture overview of how the Ground naming convention is laid out:

For what it's worth --

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that’s similar for a 96? That’s one ground I’ve never seen.

I just rescanned the '97 FSM for all instances of G201. Sure enough, it's a separate ground
dedicated to some sections of the SIR circuitry:

By the same token, G200 is also intertwined in all this. (Admittedly this the first time I've looked at the SIR
circuit, thanks to the fact that the chore truck was built Air Bag free. :0)

Since most folks give this area of the truck a good leaving alone, I'm not surprised that you haven't seen
this before. (That makes 2 of us.)

NOTE: I would have checked the '96 FSM, but I don't know if I ever downloaded that set or not?

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOTE: I would have checked the '96 FSM, but I don't know if I ever downloaded that set or not?

Turns out I did. Check out this SIR page taken from the '96 FSM. (See attached.)
Another fun factoid you can share at the next party you get invited to.
:0)

Attachments

• '96 SIR G201 (marked up) -- 96 Chevrolet CK Truck SM - Book 2.jpg
    '96 SIR G201 (marked up) -- 96 Chevrolet CK Truck SM - Book 2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 6

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope to use the neighbor's garage this weekend, it's raining in mine. While I'm at it it's time to check under hood grounds as well. Thanks for all the help folks, y'all rock!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out I did. Check out this SIR page taken from the '96 FSM. (See attached.)
Another fun factoid you can share at the next party you get invited to.
:0)
Can you edit that picture to full size, when I click on picture it’s still unreadable. Thanks