1990 standard cab head liner. Big job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headliner in my 90 standard cab is in good shape, but is is separated and falling down. I'm thinking about taking it out and re gluing it. Is this a fairly simple job, or one of those jobs where you have to disassemble half the truck? Anyone ever try to re glue one while it's still in the truck?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Have to take the pillar plastics down, and the sun visors but that is it. I have my headliner out of my 95 RCLB currently awaiting me to get the glue and fabric to redo it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took my entire interior out, plan on changing colors. But I would think that taking the trim above the doors off would make it easier for sure. Just be careful, 30yr old plastic is brittle. Take a look on YouTube for "Eric the car guy, dad's truck" he has a interior dismantling video definitely worth watching.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did mine in 2010, needs it again...don't use Joann Fabrics headliner material, worse than the factory stuff......and yes as mentioned above ...pulling all the plastic panels is a pain and they are brittle...

Doug in P.R.

Oldman69

Reaction score
Did mine too about 15yeras ago and it is still good. It was a kit that color match great. It was a job to pull off all the plastic to remove old headliner and then clean. The 3m adhesive was a little tricky. You glue in sections, maybe a third at a time. Came out as good as factory but my helper-wife and i were flying hi on fumes. She still tells me how good it looks. Now time to do the visors.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a new Aftermarket one with a plastic liner. It was about a 30 min install. Did not even have to remove any trim as the plastic one is flexible enough (Just visors)