1990 rcsb heater question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mythic

Reaction score
Hello, I am having heater issues. The problem I am having is that the heater rarely puts out any heat. The blower works at all 3 speeds. The button to adjust the temp appears to work, according to the display (the arrow moves back and forth when I push the button towards hot or cold) but does not always light up. The no heat issue occurs wheter the button is lit or not. It's freezing outside and I would really like to get this sorted. Any help would be very very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I did a search but could not find anything about how to take care of this.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
check your coolant level and as already mentioned try changing your thermostat

Sent from my static android

Mythic

Reaction score
Tnks guys, I noticed a leak in my radiator this evening as well. I will update this weekend after I get time really look at it.

Mythic

Reaction score
Rplaced the radiator and thermostat. Had a bolt sheer in the manifold and eventually drilled it and tapped it for a heli coil. Filled it up with coolant and everything is good to go. No leaks and constant hot air. Thanks for all the advice.