1990 c1500 Tachometer install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how I can install a tachometer (engine rpm) gauge on my 90 c1500, it has the moonie gauges ( I think thats how you spell it). And then what is a good 3 gauge pillar mount for the truck, as I plan to have trans temp and oil temp in that 3 gauge deal. Thanks!

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how I can install a tachometer (engine rpm) gauge on my 90 c1500, it has the moonie gauges ( I think thats how you spell it). And then what is a good 3 gauge pillar mount for the truck, as I plan to have trans temp and oil temp in that 3 gauge deal. Thanks!
I use the AutoMeter Pillar Gauge Pods 17101, and have the tach, trans temp and WBO2 in it. It was a perfect fit as well. This is the only picture I have at the moment.
You must be registered for see images attach

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, found one on summit for 100$basically, are gauges included? Can’t tell from pictures if they are and if they are what gauges are included?

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I’m sure so, just had to check. And good gauge recommendations? I’ve looked at some intelltronix digital gauges just cause I think digital is cooler, and seems cheaper. Or do you think analog is better?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Analog is way better for gauges. Your brain can pick-out the position of the needle faster than you can read the numbers.

Digital dashes/digital gauges suck for in-vehicle use. Work pretty good for multimeters, where you have all day to read the number.

Buy a tach, follow the instructions that come with it. I lean towards Autometer or VDO.

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, never heard of such a device. Is it a performance thing? I have a bone stock 350 right now.