1989 stepside - GMC

paint color

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Ed

Reaction score
Owned for two years now, since she's been good it's time to upgrade her.

Started off as just a repower to have some fun, now it's a full blown restore project.

Stuff in boxes: mostly LMC

Interior panels - Coverlay, I like these
weatherstipping
vents,
carpet,
seat belts - Old skool GM type button release. 70's style
Monroe shocks for all 4 corners
Lokar Nostalgic shifter - with boot, Piston top. Very nice quality piece. had to have it, saw it at Williams truck salvage yard and had to have it ( as featured on American Pickers)
New cab corners - rocker panels - Also from LMC, seem to be very nice quality as I was originally worried.

THings already on the truck:

Roll up tonneau cover - velcro , locking style
American Outlaw 18's with Bridgestones -275s
Flowmaster 44 system, had to do this as the old sytem fell off on the GSP
Wooden steering wheel. I hated the old wheel with the electrical tape
New modern style mirrors

ENGINE: ( all this stuff is either on the shelf, the stand, or in a box still...hopefully this week assembly will take place, last Noreaster killed us in NJ

Yes this is what this project started out as:

standard SBC late model block, pulled from the boneyard, decked, bored 030 over, honed , stock crank( balanced)

New Pistons - essentially stock replacements, used rods ( non powder variety)

Comp cam - 260HR - 4x4 thumper series , roller , roller rockers, new valves, springs, PRods
sitting on brand new aftermarket 906 heads, decked to perfection, with an Edlebrock Perfomer manifold.

New oil pump, pretty cool billet spark plug loom, polished valve covers, engine is painted a simple charcoal grey with silver accents.

FlowKooler water pump. read some nice reviews on this product, do a lot of slow speed driving , liked the idea of increased flow.

Gibson Shortys - Stainless steel - These I really like, thick flange, good welds. time will tell

Things in the shopping cart:

Rotors, calipers, brakes,
headlights, tailights, 3rd brake light.

Still researching:

Some interior pieces, fender trim options,
Paint, where to get it done, etc, color. Leaning towards Silver/black
Some sort of hood scoop

You must be registered for see images attach