Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hows it going. I’m looking for opinions from people that know this era of truck very well. I have a 1989 GMC Sierra sle k3500 190xxxmiles. Power windows and locks. Tbi 454 Fourth gen I think. It’s not an SS. That package was only offered on c/k1500s I think. It’s got 1 ton rear (ifs). Muncie 4spd with granny low. The main thing is that it’s a non dually regular cab with a 8ft bed. Since I bought the truck I cannot find one like it. Most 3500s I see are crew cabs. And the single cabs are most diesels or 5.7s. Most are also automatic trans and the ones that are manual are 5spds. Also I rarely see gmt400 platform trucks with 4 square headlights like mine. Also my orange side markers go from top to bottom like the k3500s with single headlights. Not like the traditional gmt 400 where there’s a break halfway down. Anyone know how rare my truck is? Front end is currently off because my camshaft took a **** so I’m replacing that, flat tappet lifters, timing chain and gears, timing covers gasket, intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets. Just making it reliable. Paid 2k 1 year and 15k miles ago
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean looking truck.

Tough to say how rare it is, they made so many of these trucks and yet they’re all unique in their own way. I love the quad beam headlights off the 88-89 trucks, those are more rare to begin with. It being a k3500 with a manual trans and a 454 is at least somewhat rare.

For whatever it’s worth I took some parts off a 1990 C3500, regular cab long box with a manual trans and a 454 recently. So similar trucks are definitely out there.

A lot of trucks with these specs were used as work trucks so they’re either beat or have already been sent to the crusher. Looks like you found a nice one.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Sorry, all trucks have single cabs.... never seen a truck with more than one cab. I don't really know what your asking. It looks like you have a regular cab long box, which is the classic truck configuration, which is getting more and more rare since everyone wants some sort of extended or crew cab with a short box now.

A 1-ton RCLB with an upper trim level is kinda rare.... most were work trucks and were equipped as such. The duallys were the RV trailer haulers with the nice interiors.

Reaction score
Clean looking truck.

Tough to say how rare it is, they made so many of these trucks and yet they’re all unique in their own way. I love the quad beam headlights off the 88-89 trucks, those are more rare to begin with. It being a k3500 with a manual trans and a 454 is at least somewhat rare.

For whatever it’s worth I took some parts off a 1990 C3500, regular cab long box with a manual trans and a 454 recently. So similar trucks are definitely out there.

A lot of trucks with these specs were used as work trucks so they’re either beat or have already been sent to the crusher. Looks like you found a nice one.

Thank you
Sorry, all trucks have single cabs.... never seen a truck with more than one cab. I don't really know what your asking. It looks like you have a regular cab long box, which is the classic truck configuration, which is getting more and more rare since everyone wants some sort of extended or crew cab with a short box now.

A 1-ton RCLB with an upper trim level is kinda rare.... most were work trucks and were equipped as such. The duallys were the RV trailer haulers with the nice interiors.

not saying anything is rare on it. It’s all common gmc stuff. But to find it that way from the factory? I’m wondering if anyone has even seen one just like mine.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front end on your truck is a factory 88-89 GMC front end. You don’t see too many 88-89 to begin with and 75% were Chevrolet’s from the start so that is one of the more rare front ends for the gmt400 but still 1,000’s of trucks left the factory like that.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
It is not especially "rare" but not as common as a 5 speed or an auto. I saw these in the dealership mostly as ordered trucks for township/city trucks or for large fleet orders.