1989 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Just an update, I have not done anything to the truck recently other than drive it every day lol but I was checking out the codes in the glove box and wanted to know some more about the truck.

The truck is a k1500 obviously, but has the F44 Code For Heavy Duty Chasis, F51 for Heavy Duty Shocks, GT4 For 3.73 Ratio and G80 for Limited Slip, Positrac and I just not noticed it has a 14 bolt rear end.

My question is, did some of the 1500's come factory like this or am I just confused lol?

Mine came from the factory like that also. :handshake:

Adinas95

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while but the only thing I have done recently is changed out the gear oil in the rear diff and put a chrome diff cover on it from LMC, The metal shavings I found inside wasn't to bad but there was 5 or 6 small chunks of metal in there as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The truck is starting to act bad in reverse, Takes a good 2 or 3 seconds for it to lock in and then when backing up I have to give it way more gas than I should and it makes some bad grinding noises... its extremely bad when trying to back u

Adinas95

Reaction score
Last part of last post got deleted some how, It should of said it's extremely bad when trying to back up any type of incline.