1989 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Looks good man! And try and fix the rust as quick as possible before it spreads. ;)

Adinas95

Reaction score
If your putting the flares back on could you just cut the rust slap on some por15 and not weld in new steel?

I was not planning on putting flares back on, I already sold them to a friend

Looks good man! And try and fix the rust as quick as possible before it spreads. ;)

Thanks! The rust almost killed me when I took off the flares, This time I will have it fixed right instead of bondo lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Yeah, I had the same rust issue when I took the flares off mine. But My bed was shot from the underside.

Adinas95

Reaction score
Just an update, I have not done anything to the truck recently other than drive it every day lol but I was checking out the codes in the glove box and wanted to know some more about the truck.

The truck is a k1500 obviously, but has the F44 Code For Heavy Duty Chasis, F51 for Heavy Duty Shocks, GT4 For 3.73 Ratio and G80 for Limited Slip, Positrac and I just not noticed it has a 14 bolt rear end.

My question is, did some of the 1500's come factory like this or am I just confused lol?