1988 c3500 Front end rebuild advice + 572/4l85e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kr1st1an

Reaction score
Hi,

The truck is a 1988 c3500 regular cab
You must be registered for see images attach

My last thread here at gmt400 was about a 454 peanut port combo, but instead of restoring the 454 i got a super deal on a 572 engine package.

At the same time i put in the 572 with a 4l85e trans i want to do a full front end rebuild. My c3500 from 1988 have just run 50 000miles, but the steering is sloppy. I have started on a cart on Rockauto, but i have never done it before so its kind of a guess along with some google work.. I appriciate any help and advice super much. I rather change one more thing, than less if you understand what i mean.

Anyway, here is the cart:

And next question, can someone easily explain how this "steering wheel position sensor" works? Is it something i should change, or take it away along with some sort of modification?

Best regards Kristian from Sweden

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Empty your cart, and find out why your steering is sloppy. Replacing 50,000 mile parts randomly is a waste of money, and you may end up replacing parts that are better built than the new parts.