1976 Yamaha DT250C Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the bike with its new handle bar and grips that i installed today...i like how it has a sort of Dirt tracker look to it now.
You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Parts installed so far:

MSR CR Mid height Handle bars
Renthal dual compound grips
Ken Sean carbon fiber mirrors

Work to be done next pay day:
Front fork seals.

Parts still needed:

Battery (honda dealer sold me the wrong type and didnt even fill it)
Fork seals/Dust caps
Chain and sprockets
Kenda K270 tires
used rear shocks from ebay to run till i can have the Yamaha Thermaflow type shocks rebuilt.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
How's the power band on that thing ? My previous dirtbike was a 96 rm250 and my street bike was a 94 Yamaha seca 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
How's the power band on that thing ? My previous dirtbike was a 96 rm250 and my street bike was a 94 Yamaha seca 2

It feels like it has a fairly linear powerband if you open it up slowly, But if you crack it open rapidly it comes alive at 3500-5K. I plan on regearing it when I change the chain. I also own a '85 Honda Interceptor Vf750 that I ride on the street.

Cool bike!

Sent from my padded cell using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Word, cool bike!

Thanks!

Very very sweet bike.

Thanks!

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
True that man its a sweet bike for sure I was just wandering if it had that good ol 2 stroke hit into the powerband or not. Its looking awesome btw

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
True that man its a sweet bike for sure I was just wandering if it had that good ol 2 stroke hit into the powerband or not. Its looking awesome btw

Thanks! Yea it def has that old school powerband if you crank it. But it's also quite controllable.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...