1976 Chevrolet.... Vega

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice old thread. I love V8 Vegas and the fact that it's a wagon is the icing on the cake. GM's loss by putting horrible engines in these is a hot rodders gain. I often thought about how one of these would be as a daily driver if it had a modern ecotec turbo 5 speed setup out of a pontiac solstice or Saturn sky.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when I was a plumbers helper we were doing a job over in Eustis and almost every morning we'd see this plumb purple flake 1972 Vega wagon with big racing slicks on the back and some serious thump under the hood. We pulled in to a store one morning for the daily coffee stop and there it was parked beside us,he was doing the same thing. Come to find out the engine wasn't under the hood,it was where the back seat used to be. He had stuffed a radical rat motor in the rear with an Eldorado transaxle. We watched him pull the front end off the ground for half a block when he lit out. Bet he wasn't even using 1/2 throttle! Here a couple years ago a 72 Vega wagon sat out in front of a shop with a for sale sign on it and it was all I could do to keep myself from buying the thing.