1949 Pontiac cheiftan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went last week to pick up some parts for my 2500 at a local yard when a 49 Pontiac was being unloaded 2 door sedan flat 6 3 speed. Well after a little info on the car for 700 bucks it was on my trailer . a new 6 volt battery and some gas in a jug and the 6 was running a few adjustments it was running great. Pulled the hub caps and was like lol gmt400 rims 5x5 bolt pattern . So i dug out my 8inch truck rallys and bolted them on ..
Day I dropped it off ...
You must be registered for see images attach

After the rallys and a little satin rattle can
You must be registered for see images attach

I am taking opinions on if I should leave it restored stock or straight axle 454 4 speed?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'd have fun with it for the $700 and call it a day. Or put the 350 I have waiting for a project into it so it has a nice V8 sound.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Nice! I would rock the stock motor till it died. Lower the stance and cruise. Been dreaming of a 40s 50s car. Lucky

Sent from my SM-N910P

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Think I'd drive it like it is and enjoy the looks on people's faces when I drive by.

How's the interior?

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would drive it like it is. After the engine or tranny are done, then do a 12v, small block swap.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is begging to be drove fires up pretty easy clutch is excellent brakes not so much . The car was being rebuilt and the owner died his wife sold it to the local parts yard to make room for her golf cart in the garage I got a ton of parts in boxes that were piled up inside it along with the title original and a KY duplicate. In the paper work I found there was a "to order" list alot was listed and marked off Master cylinder and side glass was not marked off . When I went thru all the trim I noticed the rocker trim is gone luckily it is the same as a 49 chevy easy find .. I was think BBC 4speed or 4TB conversion since I have a 4Tb sitting in storage