17s front 18s back dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i have learned alot about what backspace works for these trucks .problem is the rims i liked have the right backspace for front and back but in different sizes.these rims are the eagle alloys 016. They offer the 17×8 inch version in 5.147 backspace which i know will work in the front and the 18x8.5 version with 5.554 inch backspace which is what most people run in backspace for the back.should i just. Get both n run 255/50r17 front and 255/50r18 in the back and do a 4/7 drop to level out the higher inch in the back? Or would the 18s with 5.5 inch backspace work just fine on front and back?

You must be registered for see images attach

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just remember that you cant rotate and balance them the same if you have staggered sizes and front tires always wear out faster than rear. (assuming you stay off the pedal). i like the staggered wheels combo but i went all the same size for now. im not sure on the backspace of mine.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
are your rims 17s or 18s? i looked up both of them and it says they have 4.5 inch backspace.are you lowered? do they tuck behind the fender front and back?