1500 to 2500 possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing compares to the traction you get with front and rear lockers but a good rear locker and tires will let most 2wd trucks get places some 4wd trucks can't. Add one of the front tires pulling and it makes for a very, very capable rig.

I would have to agree and that a good rear locker can make a big difference. I love the lockrite in my 92 and hate the POS G80 in my 98. I personally have never really felt the need for a front locker, maybe when in very deep snow wheeling is about it.
Hezsus I think you will be happy with just a rear locker, since you mention you do very little offroading. If still looking for more traction better tires is what you need.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Well Last winter I had some wore down toyo m/t's and my locker was functioning properly, and it kinda sucked in the snow. this winter i've got brand new duratracks and my locker will not lock at all and I'm much more capable than I was last year, i'll always be looking for more though. I just figured a locker in the front would make sense since thats where most of the weight is anyways. i'll get a new one in the back and see how it works though.