15" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this.

Anyway, I'm looking at throwing a 6" lift on my truck, but with that I need new tires. Right now I have 285/75 16s and I want to go up to 35X12.50s on 15" wheels. Are there any issues with that size wheel on a 1999 K1500? I've seen differing things online and figured I'd ask here. Last thing is if y'all know a good place to find matte black 15" wheels. My google-fu is failing me lately. :(

Thanks!

Reaction score
Most new lift kits use a lift spindle on the front of these trucks which require a 17" plus wheel unless you want to run spacers. I just had one of these in and the kid was running a 3" spacer to clear the spindles with a 15" wheel. NOT recommended.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Most new lift kits use a lift spindle on the front of these trucks which require a 17" plus wheel unless you want to run spacers. I just had one of these in and the kid was running a 3" spacer to clear the spindles with a 15" wheel. NOT recommended.

Most of the 6" kits don't use spindles, however you are correct about running 15's with say a fabtech lift kit.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the Rough Country 6" lift is okay with 15s since you use the stock spindles?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Rcx will be fine. The only issues I've seen is with some "thicker" wheel, there will be a slight drag from the front calipers. Touch it a time or 2 with a grinder to knock the edge down if you have any clearance issues and you'll be fine.