14 Bolt SF Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
run it, it'll be fine,

and the 2wd LD 3/4 ton trucks had 6 lug 14bolt sfat 64" where as the 4x4s had ~68"~, and from my understanding, the 454 SS trucks had 5 lug 14 Bolt Sf

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, just run it. some cutting/grinding/welding is easier to me than forking out more money :imo:

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So whats the going rate for a 14 bolt SF? I am going to be getting rid of mine that came with my truck, its 4.10 gears. I am just going to get another that already has gears to match my front. Not trying to jack your thread

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I bought mine for $1200 but it was still connected to the truck and I parted it out and ended up making $600 :big_banana_dance:

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to install mine over the next couple of months....as soon as work slows down!

You must be registered for see images attach

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
All right got this back on track

look what i got my hands on this weekend. A buddy of mine had a truck he was taking to sell for scrap and i saved this from the crusher. couldn't stand for it to become some chinese paper weight

I swapped in 2500 leaf springs a few months ago, the u-joint is a direct fit with the one in my truck, and as soon as my tax refund comes in I'm going order a tru-trac, rebuild the brakes, and get everything together and under the truck.

Last edited:

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
anybody know of a good place to get a detroit tru-trac at a good price i've found one on ebay for $505