14,000 mile 1998 single cab Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Our '92 z71 ecsb retailed around $26K on the window sticker. Has most if not all the bells and whistles. It doesn't have buckets seats and I don't think it has the heavy towing package but that's about it. It's really up to the buyer. I personally would take higher mileage and put the money into it to make it mine, but I can understand paying up front for a gem that's about to hit antique status. I see lots of these trucks at antique car shows. It's always funny to see an 88-94 at the show then pass two or three on the way home.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
As of last night i had talked myself out of it but can't stop thinking about it today. Told the guy i'd let him know later today.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As of last night i had talked myself out of it but can't stop thinking about it today. Told the guy i'd let him know later today.

Good luck and take share lots of photos if you pull the trigger. Do you still have the truck from your signature photo? That looks mint too.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Good luck and take share lots of photos if you pull the trigger. Do you still have the truck from your signature photo? That looks mint too.
Nope. Sold it. It was shipped to New Jersey a couple years ago. It was very nice.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You'd get a personalized custom truck for $22k, but it wouldn't appreciate any further. Depends on what you want.

correct it's all in what the buyer wants. this pickup will never be a money draw like a "classic unrestored muscle car". therefore buying it and hoping it appreciates to that status is a bit ludicrous. a 454SS pickup unmolested would probably bring more in the same condition further down the road.

my 1998 ECSB Z71 is in phenomenal condition with 207k on the clock. it's cleaner than the low mileage 2009 Z71 i bought a few years ago(and it was nice too). i paid a little more for it, but nothing like a $15k premium.

if you are comfortable spending the money, go for it. personally i wouldn't pay over $14-15k total for that pickup, because there is no guarantee it will go up in value as it takes a specific buyer.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
correct it's all in what the buyer wants. this pickup will never be a money draw like a "classic unrestored muscle car". therefore buying it and hoping it appreciates to that status is a bit ludicrous. a 454SS pickup unmolested would probably bring more in the same condition further down the road.
I agree with part of your comment. Ludicrous i disagree with. Have you checked 72 swb 4x4 prices or 87 swb 4x4 prices on trucks this nice? Pretty sure 98s are next in line. Still not the same as a sports or muscle car.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
So i made the guy an offer of $20,000. Assuming he won't take it but i just can't justify anymore right now. We have a 1 year old and i just got my wife a 2016 lexus gx460. I have a paid for 2015 Z71 and to afford this truck i would have to finance my truck again. Not really a fan of doing that.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i made the guy an offer of $20,000. Assuming he won't take it but i just can't justify anymore right now. We have a 1 year old and i just got my wife a 2016 lexus gx460. I have a paid for 2015 Z71 and to afford this truck i would have to finance my truck again. Not really a fan of doing that.

Wow, that's an impressive fleet budget. I was wringing my hands to set a $5k budget for my truck for a 2nd vehicle.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Wow, that's an impressive fleet budget. I was wringing my hands to set a $5k budget for my truck for a 2nd vehicle.
I put in a lot of hours at a pretty descent electric utility job. Lots of overtime. Also my wifes car was paid for so selling it allowed me to pay off the truck and then go back in debt on hers. We also don't spend a ton on little things all the time. We live pretty simple with the exception of our cars. No big house or anything like that.

Also the current owner turned down my offer. Probably for the best right now.