12k for these 400's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I just looked at the projected pricing for a new Silverado RST First Edition. $106k! One Hundred and Six THOUSAND Dollars!!!! That's enough to buy a small house somewhere!

The base W/T model, on the other hand, is a more "reasonable" $41k, which, as I recall, is what the mid range models went for about 5 years ago.

Makes even the priciest GMT400's seem cheap by comparison, doesn't it?

c

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I thought the 8 speeds were developed by GM, no? It's the 10 speeds the ones co-developed with Ford, but I think Ford actually developed it.

So you get a Ford transmission on your brand-new Chebby truck, LOL.

I hear the 8 speeds are problematic. My buddy has had to take his truck to the dealership several times now because he says the transmission randomly is jerky. The dealership "reprograms" it, which doesn't do anything of course. And another buddy's friend got rid of his truck for the same reason. No telling how the 10 speeds will fare... Interestingly, I think Ford went from a 6-speed to the 10-speed. Did they ever have an 8 speed?
Maybe that's why they're having so many problems with them?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I just looked at the projected pricing for a new Silverado RST First Edition. $106k! One Hundred and Six THOUSAND Dollars!!!! That's enough to buy a small house somewhere!

The base W/T model, on the other hand, is a more "reasonable" $41k, which, as I recall, is what the mid range models went for about 5 years ago.

Makes even the priciest GMT400's seem cheap by comparison, doesn't it?

c

Is that the new EV? I've seen the regular RST at my local dealer for like $50k, so I don't know why it would be that much even with a dealer markup.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So, this is a base model K2500, 350/NV4500. It's clean, like really clean; I stopped and looked at it earlier today. It's got a turnover ball in the bed; the bed is really straight, and I couldn't find any rust or any damage on this truck
2000 Chevy C/K 2500
Probably hasn't sold cause it's a stick. Otherwise looks like a great truck, and seems to still be available.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, and the options for charging them gotta get more affordable too. Electric car no bueno w/o juice.....
Indeed....

And you can't have decent charging solutions until you improve the electric grids to be more reliable and resilient to damage from the many natural disasters we've been experiencing lately.

Out here in California, fires are a big problem, because when they sweep through communities, virtually all the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed, and power lines (along with telephone and cable lines, which in many older/more rural places often share pole-space with the power lines) are usually among the first utilities to go (indeed, more often than not, faulty power lines have actually been the cause of numerous very large and destructive fires in recent years (the October 2017 firestorm in Santa Rosa, CA and the November 2018 Camp fire in Paradise, CA, to name a couple).

I think before we go wholesale into EVs, as I said above, we need to get the power grids into a condition that can support the necessary charging infrastructure.

Until that happens, EVs will remain little more than ultra expensive toys for the millionaires and billionaires of the world (and maybe also those lucky enough to live in or near one of the relatively few areas (big cities and their immediate suburbs, mostly) where charging stations are common).

That being said, I think EVs are in a state now that they can be practical (for example, GM says the Silverado EV's estimated range is about 400 miles, which is pretty good for an EV, especially one as heavy as a pickup), but, again, no chargers + no infrastructure to support them = no EVs.

c