12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? your spreadsheet has them listed as ADD WIRE. Maybe I misunderstood the directions. Are they only needed IF I want to tune myself?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on how the tune is set up. I happen to know yours is set up not to need it.

Jeff

Outstanding. Thanks for the heads up. I was prepared to do those wires this weekend!!!!! Now, it will just be a simple swap of wires and Im good to go.

Do you reccommend that I get a dyno tune on the truck or should your tune be sufficient for my mods? CAI, Magnafow high flow Ypipe, Gibson cat back exhaust.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to hook up with Mike then since he's familiar with all this and somewhat local to me.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ECM is in. Truck fired right up on the first crank.
I am getting a P0405 EGR position sensor circuit low voltage code. What is causing this? EGR is still installed and plugged in. 98 model year.

I'm pretty sure I did not have it tuned out since it was discussed earlier that it wasn't worth it so I left it alone.

zizak145

Reaction score
who can i send my 5.3 harness and pcm to have it made to a plug and play, i want to remove the black pcm from my 1998 z71 and just run everything off the 411..

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not without some computer tune changing I think, even with that you couldn't use a 4L60E newer than 2004 or 5 because of internals IIRC.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
ECM is in. Truck fired right up on the first crank.
I am getting a P0405 EGR position sensor circuit low voltage code. What is causing this? EGR is still installed and plugged in. 98 model year.

I'm pretty sure I did not have it tuned out since it was discussed earlier that it wasn't worth it so I left it alone.

Did you run the extra wire off the EGR's Pink wire to C2 Pin 7?