12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiby88

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a shop in Dallas/FtWorth Texas that will work with these computers? Every shop I have tried tells me they can't do it.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a shop in Dallas/FtWorth Texas that will work with these computers? Every shop I have tried tells me they can't do it.

Work on what PCM? The Black Box or the LS1b type (0411)? Most shops can't do the Black PCMs. Most shops can do the LS1b PCMs. That is the reason for this thread--To have a more user friendly and much better PCM that has MUCH better support.

Jeff

shiby88

Reaction score
Work on what PCM? The Black Box or the LS1b type (0411)? Most shops can't do the Black PCMs. Most shops can do the LS1b PCMs. That is the reason for this thread--To have a more user friendly and much better PCM that has MUCH better support.

Jeff

I have already completed the 0411 swap, a few places I have asked said they can't work on the early LS computers but I have found one naturally as soon as I posted this question. Thanks for the reply.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HHmmm, That's weird. I would think that most any tuning shop could do it. If they can tune a 2002 Camaro or Truck they can. They probably just don't realize that they can or think that it is a weirdo project that they don't want to get involved with.

Jeff

shiby88

Reaction score
I have heard that last part almost in exact words haha I keep getting P0102 MAF circuit low input code, I wasn't getting it before the swap and now I am I have changed the MAF but I am still getting the code. Have you ever ran into this issue?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Unless the wire is in the wrong pin location on the PCM, you may just need to clean the MAF sensor array. I'd try that before looking into anything else.

jwmiller

Reaction score
Thx for the add, and I'm interested in the diagram for the 0411 to 98 obs

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Lextech,
I posted this on pacificp can you possible help me out.
Im getting ready to do the 24x conversion. I have an L31 vortec motor. 97 GMC Yukon.
Besides coils and ECU what doesnt come with the 24x kit that I would need.
Lets say I was to buy the 24x reluctor and distributor cover only . What else would I need to complete the conversion?
Reason I ask is because Im doing a rebuild and have a new plastic timing cover and new cam and crank sensor. SO I do not want to rebuy stuff.
Also what sensor is this .
https://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemId=806