12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
How much of a night mare would it be to put this PCM into a pre vortec truck like my '89? Its lil things like this that make me hesitant about going through with an LS swap into that truck.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You have to have a vortech motor like the one your wanting...this is an upgrade to the ls pcm

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

EagleMark

Reaction score
its not that far from the trans, a few feet at most. there is no mid harness connection for the trans wiring. you could unravel the harness and splice in at another point, but unraveling the harness will prove more difficult and time consuming than just using a little extra wiring and connecting near the trans.
Just thinking if it's at the trans and dash it would be somewhere closer to PCM/Firewall to tie into. FOUND IT! But it goes into passenger side firewall so it's farther and harder...

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that the easiest place to tie into the Trans Range Switch is at the lower connector of the switch. The "Best" place is probably at the instrument cluster connector. It would be the 4 wires on the left side of the connector---The colors will match up. If you do the splicing inside, the wires will have a much better chance of not corroding. It is also kind of difficult to do the splice under a 4wd truck.

Jeff

olblue97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good thread,I've recieved my 0411 kit from Lextech,quality kit.I'll
Be installing it as soon as I get time.thanks Lextech

olblue97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got it installed,well I've got to splice in the trany wires.It got to cold had to go inside,but I couldn't resist had to see if she would fire up.She runs so much smoother!Idels right down instead of taking a few seconds.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it installed,well I've got to splice in the trany wires.It got to cold had to go inside,but I couldn't resist had to see if she would fire up.She runs so much smoother!Idels right down instead of taking a few seconds.

righteous! the trans wires are the worst part of it for me, but thats only because I hate laying on the floor and working overhead....I need a lift...its really not hard at all...glad its running well for you. if you want to get into tuning it yourself let me know.

olblue97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is running good,but when I cut it off and let it get cold I have to give it a little pedal till it warms.Ive unhooked the egr to see if it makes a difference.Any other ideas?Thanks