10 bolt to 12 bolt swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess if it's free, I'd try to run it. There was a recent thread that got derailed into talk about the 12 bolt. Seems like it is definitely stronger than a 10 bolt.

But you gotta make sure to compare WMS (what if your width is too narrow?), spring perch spacing, etc., as was previously mentioned. Some of them came with coil spring suspension in the cars, so all that bracket stuff's got to get scrapped. In the end, "free" may actually cost more in this case.

The 12 bolts are kinda rare, so I would consider confirming what you have and maybe sell it if it's too much hassle to swap.

I would also vote for a 14 bolt swap. A 9.5" should be pretty easy to find and swap. And I bet the 14 bolt brakes are better as well?

No need to reinvent the wheel, LOL.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 12 bolts are kinda rare, so I would consider confirming what you have and maybe sell it if it's too much hassle to swap.
Yup. A Camaro or Chevelle owner will give you good money for a 12 bolt, even if they have to rework it.