07 tail lights on a 99 burb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been searching for this for awhile and no luck, so I thought its either not possible or I'm not searching correctly. I wanted to look at putting the 07 either Tahoe or Escalade tail lights on my 99 burb. Has this been done before? The look really close in comparison. but haven't physically tried it. When I search on google, it keeps bringing up putting either new escalade lights on the 07+ Tahoe, etc, or the even newer caddy tails on the newest tahoes etc.

If not do we have nay options for tail lights for the OBS trucks? I do not like the Euro, and not a fan of just changing to LED bulbs (but will do that if have to). I also do not like the ones that have a lightning bolt looking light in them for parking and then light up more when break...

THX any and all for input and responses.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't seen too many options for our trucks regarding after market lights with the exception of LED lights and either euro clear or smoked/black lenses. I don't believe a set of stock 2007 light housings would fit without some serious body modifications to get them to fit. I'm currently running smoked LED tail lights with black housings. The lights themselves have an LED grid so it's not just a cheap looking bulb swap. They look much more modern and are the closest thing I've found to updating the look of my tail lights.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
could you possibly snap a pic or 2 and post em up? Both as parking light and as brake, so I can see them.

THX

Reaction score
The newer taillights wouldn't fit, they're a completely different size and shape. As mentioned there are aftermarket LED options for our trucks that are close in appearance to the 07-14 escalade tails.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could you possibly snap a pic or 2 and post em up? Both as parking light and as brake, so I can see them.

THX

I can get a picture of the light itself, the truck is currently stripped down to just the frame, cab, and driveline. I'll see if I can find a picture online.