0411 ECM swap = no speedometer reading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budzrex

Reaction score
So I purchased the Lex diagram and also had him do a program on a 0411 ECM I sent him. Fired up almost perfectly the almost part
was my fault as I forgot to do the EGR wiring in his instructions, one email and he straightened me out on that run the correct wire per
instructions and perfect running truck.

My issue is before the swap and I mean as the speedometer was working as I pulled the truck into the garage to do the swap the speedo was working the mph was off but it was working. Now the speedo is dead sits on 0 and will not move. Checked my work and double-checked the pins and that changed nothing. Hooked up my HP tuner and I am getting a speed reading accurate to GPS on a separate device while driving and logging

So that means to me the VSS sensor on the transmission is good, its brand new AC Delco the pins on the ECM are seeing the signal did the
speedo die just at the right time or is there something in that bit rate that sends the signal from the ECM to the cluster I am missing??