“Like A Rock”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is original paint on a 96 K1500. I’ve something similar(Like A Rock)on a few others but not this exactly.
You must be registered for see images attach
Just wondering if maybe were these OE, applied at dealerships or probably by original owner?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wouldnt know but I was expecting the commercials so...... hmmm hmmmm here they are.

OHHHHH Like a Rock!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LOL. I did the same thing..... just watched that video up to 2000. I don't have TV service, so I'm not sure what GM is currently doing. I noticed that while the 90's commericals were lifestyle type ads, they did have some substance behind them..... narrator throwing out facts, figures, and such while the videos often showed work being done, or in the case of the ABS accident avoidance. It sure beats the some of the other garbage I've seen where it's more like a promise that you'll be super cool if you buy our vehicle.

OP, I don't know, but I'm thinking that's something applied by the owner, maybe even purchased at Autozone, or ebay.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
IIRC, the reason why Bob Seger allowed GM to use the song (at no cost to them, too, I believe),was being from Michigan and knowing how crucial the auto industry is to that state (and the country at large). His father and other relatives were FoMoCo lifers, so he "got" the auto industry. I forget for sure which album it's on, but he had a song called "Makin' Thunderbirds " that details a little of the family history. The "at no cost " was a big thing too, because musicians and songwriters can make $$$ on licensing fees and deals.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I saw them twice, in 1983 and 86. The second time, we had 7th row floor seats, for the second show. My cousin was working nights then, and he was there right when the tickets went on sale for the second show. That being the 80s when a lot of people from Michigan had relocated to Houston, that was a feat. Great show both times, except some assholes stole my concert shirt at the second show. My dad liked them too, he bought all their albums. We wanted to go to the Houston show on the reunion tour several years ago. They were playing a new venue and the tickets were $65 each + service charges. So we decided we could stay home and play the records! I think those 83 and 86 tickets were like $11.50 or something LOL.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:flame:Yeah I saw them a few other times but that was my first concert. Went with my brother who was 15, just kids. Another fun fact, Leslie West opened for Seger. First song Mississippi Queen someone shot a bottle rocket at him and it hit his head, his hair caught on fire, a roadie put it “out” he kept playing and then it sparked back up on fire! Roadie came out, put it out, West unplugged his guitar and he was done!