Wiring up sub n amp for escalade console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just got an escalade center console, complete with sub, amp, and CD changer. I could care less bout the CD changer, but is it worth to wire up the amp/sub? I have an aftermarket head unit, dunno if be easier or not to wire up to that. Anybody have the wire diagram for this?

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to wire it up cause I have it. Been doing some reading, and guess it's not a half bad sub. If it's a PITA, then I'll go aftermarket sub/amp and maybe ebay this stuff....thanks for the link!!

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Well, if you do hook it up, use the stereo's RCA outputs for the amp's audio in - the amp needs line-level inputs, not speaker-level. Other than that, not much to it since those amps don't require a Class 2 connection to power up.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, ill have to get some line inputs. The sub is pretty simple, but may just get a cheap amp to see if and how it works. I need to replace the other speakers, they aren't the best....

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any idea how many watts the amp is? i wired up the sub to make sure it works, thinking of getting a small amp rather than the nightmare of wiring up the factory one...