Welp....the front pump seal is leaking on my 97 Sierra...And rear seal..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had it looked at...Really dont have the desire to drop the trans myself but I might lol.

They quoted me $600 to Remove, repair and replace, front pump seal and rear seal as well.

how good/bad of a deal do you figure?

If they are putting in a NEW pump..its more worth it...but I feel like about 4-450 of it is just straight labor charges. which makes me feel stupid for not pulling it myself. Just dont wanna take teh chance on not getting something seated back properly and having it leak again.

Thoughts?

Dave

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dave... See how much they would charge for a seal job if you dropped the transmission. We normally charge $60.00. You will definitely want to change the pump bushing, pump O-ring and gasket. Don't pull it out and just replace the front seal. Usually it is the bushing. Also check and see if they can air-check the converter for leaks. Some shops don't have the tool so call first. It pumps 160 PSI of air to check for cracks in the weld.