weird occasional no start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
trucks a 92 gmc with the 5.7. when the truck is hot as in driven for a while if i go and shut it off then imediatly try and start it it wont start it cranks but doesnt start. so then if i let it sit for 1 minute it fires right up. this only happens when its been driven a while. if i start it and drive it for a few mins it wont do it. only thing ive tried when it wont start is spraying starting fluid then it tries to start so im guessing its fuel related. a freind said his dad used to have a chevy that did the same thing. any ideas what it could be?

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i thought maybe that too. but other then this one thing it always runs fine so im not sure.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing yours is doing, turned out my fuel pump was going out, when it starts up it probably runs rough until it gets warm right?

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no it doesnt run rough at all. i just did the fuel filter but it didnt change anything. im sure the pumps gona go out its almost got 200k on the clock.