weak air coming from dash vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benualson

Reaction score
When I have the dash vents selected for the HVAC system, the air coming out of the vents is really weak & also blows out of the floor vents. Shouldn't the floor vents be blocked off? I can hear the blower motor is really working (it is new).

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
There is little motors in the dash that open and close the flaps in the vents, they go out some times.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck does the same thing. where are these motors located?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one to change the vents is by your right foot if you are in the drivers seat.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
And the one to change from vent to defrost is behinf the stereo. Just pull the stereo out and it's off to the right and lower. It's a black box.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the one to change from vent to defrost is behinf the stereo. Just pull the stereo out and it's off to the right and lower. It's a black box.

I thought the floor/vent/defrost motor was the same one?

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Could be? In my truck there is a motor controlling a flap to close the defrost vent. But I'm not positive what it's for. But when I hit defrost on/off it opens and closes. But I don't know much about them.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know in my 94 that there is one to the right of the radio/left of the glovebox that controls the hot/cold door, one by the blower for MAX A/C and one by your right foot that I thought controls the vents but I could be mistaken.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
There is two behind my stereo. I'll run out and take a pic real fast. I imagine you would know better than me.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is two behind my stereo. I'll run out and take a pic real fast. I imagine you would know better than me.

I guess I never looked hard at the space behind the radio so you could be right too.....