Today's junkyard finds: Z56 Police Tahoe and Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
So today I went back to pick at the Escalades again for a roof rack and brought one home for $30.
You must be registered for see images attach

On the way out this Tahoe caught my eye because I don't see these wheels too often... Then I noticed where decals used to be on the sides so I glanced inside...

So I brought them home... Depending on how much of a headache it is to get them working in place of my Escalade gauges, I'm not sure if I'll use em or not..

And for anyone else that wants this stuff... I also grabbed:
Another fog light switch/bezel from the other Escalade..

DRL OFF Switch

Aux Light Switch

Cubbyhole/Casette Delete Plate (Power Center Plate)

Anything else unique you guys think I should get off that thing?
That's all I could grab today... I'm really not sure if I'll use any of this stuff aside from the rack.
Just didn't want it to get sent off to the crusher when someone here would use it.
Hopefully I'll get to play with this stuff over the weekend. Once I figure out what I'm going to use, I'll sell the rest.

Last edited:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Center console top cover. The door to the inside compartment. My latch is broken to the top flip part.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Do you have an Esky console? Take a look at the latches for the SUV Overhead consoles. Those little buttons that release the compartments.....the look like the same ones that is for the flip top lid of Esky consoles. I'm planning on chopping up an OH console from the junkyard just for that little latch and button release.

Police Tahoes are CRAZY rare, nicely done!

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need the whole top lid for as the leather is torn on it as well. It was torn when in found it in the bone yard, I'm just tired of looking at the latch area ripped up. Over all the console is good to go for as I only paid $30 for it.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Talk to Al (Sewlow), he can tell you the best method and material to re-cover that thing with.

Boxer, I'm assuming you grabbed the end caps of the roof rack too, right? Post some pics when you get yours on, it might be a while before I get mine painted, and I'd like to see some before/after pics of the same truck.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Center console top cover. The door to the inside compartment. My latch is broken to the top flip part.

For the Escalade console? Afraid I got the only good one they had. The console in the other one was pretty rough, but I was gonna grab it anyway. When I went back Friday some jerk had already torn it apart. The top panel along with the lid was gone unfortunately.

Do you have an Esky console? Take a look at the latches for the SUV Overhead consoles. Those little buttons that release the compartments.....the look like the same ones that is for the flip top lid of Esky consoles. I'm planning on chopping up an OH console from the junkyard just for that little latch and button release.

Police Tahoes are CRAZY rare, nicely done!

You just need the buttons from the overhead console you mean? I can grab a few for ya if you want. They're the same as a lot of the other GM OHC buttons right?

Talk to Al (Sewlow), he can tell you the best method and material to re-cover that thing with.

Boxer, I'm assuming you grabbed the end caps of the roof rack too, right? Post some pics when you get yours on, it might be a while before I get mine painted, and I'd like to see some before/after pics of the same truck.

Yup got the end caps! It's black now - was wanting to paint it to match before I put it on... But it's pretty dang easy to bolt on. I may pull it in the garage in a bit and put it on anyway. I'll take some pictures

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
For the Escalade console? Afraid I got the only good one they had. The console in the other one was pretty rough, but I was gonna grab it anyway. When I went back Friday some jerk had already torn it apart. The top panel along with the lid was gone unfortunately.

You just need the buttons from the overhead console you mean? I can grab a few for ya if you want. They're the same as a lot of the other GM OHC buttons right?

Yup got the end caps! It's black now - was wanting to paint it to match before I put it on... But it's pretty dang easy to bolt on. I may pull it in the garage in a bit and put it on anyway. I'll take some pictures

No, I was just trying to help him out with the latch. I already have an OH console I'm going to cut up for the latch. I'll post about it when I get to it.

Lucky, if mine was black, I probably would've done the same thing, but it was white, and my truck is teal. Not a good mix. lol.