Thinking about a lift for my truck in the spring.. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
6"is definitely too much for me. Mine is still going to be a daily driver and I don't want to go any bigger than 33's or maybe 34's. I just want the wheel wells filled and a few inches above stock height.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
6"is definitely too much for me. Mine is still going to be a daily driver and I don't want to go any bigger than 33's or maybe 34's. I just want the wheel wells filled and a few inches above stock height.

go with a 4 inch and leave it all the way decranked i fit 285's (33's) on my truck with no lift

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Ok, for anyone lifting their truck you can go with a BL, everyone knows what that entails or a suspension lift. A 4" kit is pretty much the same as a 6" without the back leafs OR blocks, and sometimes a smaller diff drop. a 2-3" kit is a waste of money, these trucks crank 2-3" stock, if it dosent you need new t-bars, no kit will help it. with a big crank in the front you can put in blocks or aal in the rear, so it goes:

Slight Crank In Front (leveled) - Nothing in Rear:
Heavy Crank in Front (1"-2" lift)- Bloacks or AAL in Rear:
6"/4" Lift Decranked (4" Lift) - Blocks or AAL in rear:
6" Lift at Crank (6" Lift) - Blocks and AAL in Rear:

Adding a Body lift will lift the body allowing for larger tires, Simply add the BL height to the susp height:
example: 3" BL with Full Crank and Block in rear will give 5-6" overall lift and allow 315's

The ammout of trimming will also affect the Tire Size, Cut Out flares add about 1-2" of wheel clearance
Example: Cut out Flares and 6" susp Cranked and 3" body lift is about 10-11" of extra wheel clearance allowing 37-(anyone running bigger?) tires to be run

there are oubvious exceptions to this rule, and this is just a guideline.