Thinking about a lift for my truck in the spring.. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
im looking into lifting my truck this spring and im leaning hard towards a subtle 3 inch kit, to maintain usability, and id like to put 285s or 305s under it. But, im also contemplating a 6" suspension lift and i'd liek to know whats the best lift i can buy for the money. im a college student building on a budget.

On another note im looking for 88-98 oem style fender flares for my truck..

I really like the looks of these two trucks

Last edited:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
You should be able to fit 285s with some crank in the front and a block or add a leaf in the rear...Please don't waste your money and buy a 2-3" suspension lift because they just give you new torsion keys that can't crank the front up any more than stock keys can and will give you poor ride quality. A 6" suspension lift is nice, but definitely the most expensive option. To fit 305s you could get a 3" body lift for fairly cheap and could even go with 35s with a block and crank on top of that

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
ive decided i wanna go 6" on 35s im willing to drop the money on it haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of running the RCX 4" kit (same as the 6" just no AAL) and a ORD shackle flip for the rear. Then I will just crank the front till its level or maybe 1" lower than the rear. I'm not a big fan of blocks and I dont want an add a leaf since my truck already has a set of helper springs on it.

Then if they dont look stupid on my NNBS wheels I'll run a 33 12.50 17.....

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I was thinking about the RCX 4" as well. I've looked at the ORD shackle flip as too. I know if I could get my hands on them I could have the metal cut out and pieces welded in less than 4 hours. Might just buy them and get the "plans" for them and send them back when I'm done. Let us know if/when you do it. Mine would be done in the spring, if at all.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like many of us in the same boat. I have decided I'm 100% gonna lift my truck but I also dont want to go to high cause I love daily driving it. So I set out a plan for myself, this year I'm gonna work on exterior appearance & just do a 2" crank in the front with an AAL out back & some 285's. That will set me up a little higher than stock & get me by until next December at bonus time. Then I'm gonna buy the RCX 4" kit. This will allow me to decrank & still be sitting higher than the crank but with flat CV angles. If I was gonna have the extra cash this year I'd go ahead & get the lift. But as it is I think my wife has most the bonus spent on the kitchen & bathroom remodel, LOL.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Sounds like many of us in the same boat. I have decided I'm 100% gonna lift my truck but I also dont want to go to high cause I love daily driving it. So I set out a plan for myself, this year I'm gonna work on exterior appearance & just do a 2" crank in the front with an AAL out back & some 285's. That will set me up a little higher than stock & get me by until next December at bonus time. Then I'm gonna buy the RCX 4" kit. This will allow me to decrank & still be sitting higher than the crank but with flat CV angles. If I was gonna have the extra cash this year I'd go ahead & get the lift. But as it is I think my wife has most the bonus spent on the kitchen & bathroom remodel, LOL.

i already have a procomp 6 inch lift but im not sure that i want to lift my step side i might do just as said and install the lift and not crank it much

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
What do you mean by cranking it? Might sound like a dumb question, but I dot know much about lifts.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
What do you mean by cranking it? Might sound like a dumb question, but I dot know much about lifts.

the only difference between a 6 and a 4 inch lift is AAL and how much you crank your torsion bars so if you dont crank your lift its a 4 inch lift and your cv angles are better