Tahoe problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone. 1998 chevrolet four door tahoe. My cargo area was wet and i relized that the rear glass on the left was leaking. Had it replaced and thought all is well in the world. Comes today it rained last night and this afternoon i found more water... Not as much and i checked both windows and neither leak. But theres water, ANY suggestions to where its coming through?

Edit- could it be this gasket near the tailgate?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The screw driver points to the gasket that may be the culprit. because ive used a hose to check all the other windows, i think it may be when i drive.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Could be the seal around the back window or one of the side vents, i dont think the taillights would let it leak into the truck

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side vents? Like the plastic around the back hatch. Danny have you ever had water in the back?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I read somewhere it leaks from the rear wheel wells. I have barn doors also and water problems.

Everything I put in the two storage compartments (no rear a/c) gets sopping wet and starts rusting. But the floor near the opening also gets wet...so I dunno. Maybe mine leaks from the top and the sides...

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I re checked. I know my weather strippings letting minut amounts of water from the rear hatch and tailgate on the drivers side. But i think that the wheel wells leaking some how too. Because the sound dedening when i removed it was wet. But theres no rust holes or anything so i cant diognose that either. This problems getting real old

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Edit. The drives side on the rear corner on the bottom. Kinda where the gasket is.

Also how long had everyone else been dealing with this same problem? Jeez

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My barn doors leaks. Though it's never wet anywhere up top, always seems to be coming from the wheel wells as others have stated.

Mine is a very minor leak, you can feel dampness in the rear after a heavy rain.