Spare Tire For Lowered Suspension GMT400 Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is everyone using & where? I have the stock 15" wheel/tire combo, mounted in the factory place, with the kit that moves it forward slightly, to make room for my hidden reciever hitch. BUT, I just bought a spare tire/wheel combo from a 90's Chevy Van, that is a 16" wheel, that came with a T145/80/D16 space-saver tire. It is the same 5 x 5 bolt pattern that we need. The main reason I bought it, is for more ground clearance, and so you won't see a spare tire hanging down any longer. I HAVE to carry a spare. Its not an option for me. Whats everyone else using? :hmm:

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two spares...in my garage. When I go on trips I have two spares...in my bed. :) Sorry I am no use to you.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
i need to find me a spare ss wheel but it will hang out in the bed even if my exhaust wasnt in the way I cant fit under there to pull it without a jack

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Back when I still carried a spare under my truck, I used a space saver spare from a 90's Buick roadmaster, it's the same bolt pattern and for me when I had a roll pan it didn't hang down so low that you could see it behind the roll pan.