Smitty in Jacksonville AR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordFoxGT

Reaction score
What's going on? I'm Smitty. Currently living in good ol Jacksonville, AR but will be back in the Charlotte, NC area by the end of the year. I've been poking around the site for a while and was eventually forced to sign up to see pictures. Lol. Now I'm finally saying "Hi". I'm new to the hot rod Chevy world but not new to spinning a wrench. I'm a pretty big Mustang fan, especially Fox Bodies and have had a few. I'm also a big fan of trucks and have had a few as well but never a hot rod truck.

Now I know a lot about Mustangs and most of the little tricks that can be done to them blah blah blah. The Chevy side of the house I don't know much at all. I've learned a little bit around the internet and love the knowledge around here.

I've wanted an OBS Chevy to make a toy out of for a while now. I knew that I wanted a 2wd V8 5 speed RCSB and that I'd prefer it be white and with the newer interior. The wife's cousin happened to have exactly that and was looking to sell it. $1000 later it was mine. It's a rebuilt title and a 305 with 210,000 miles on it but I know who rebuilt it and the damage that "totaled" it. It's a Texas truck and 100% rust free. I didn't care about the 305 because it's gonna have a 383 and a T-56 in the future and eventually a LS1 spec'd LM7 with a T-56. Maybe some forced induction but who knows. Right now though I don't have the space to do anything really major and it's my only transportation here so I can't have it down for long.

This is how she looked about a month ago when I came into my possession.
You must be registered for see images attach

Since then I've replaced the broken dash with one out of a 96ish truck with no passenger airbag and painted the whole interior black except for the seats and carpet. I'm not sure if I want to risk painting the seat. I also removed and the body molding and the lame "bow tie" pin stripe and threw painted steels on all four corners.

This is how she looks at this moment.

I'm gonna start with a 2/4 drop and seeing how things go from there. Probably end up with something like a 4/6, but I'm gonna take it slow. I plan on running 17" Soft 8's or D Window with some meat and staying with a 29" tall tire. A cowl hood and a roll pan with a hidden hitch is planned too. Like I said before, this is a toy but I'd like it to stay daily drivable and still be able to use the bed. You know, drive it to the track, throw it around some corners, make some noise, look good in the car show and then pack up the boys, turn the A/C up and drive it home.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: not sure if we can handle another f**d guy around here :uhoh2: :joke:

Seriously though. Welcome, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Also I like the 96 dash without pass airbag it looks :boobs:

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the gm lifestyle! Hopefully no mustang jokes for a while. The improvements you have made are just that improvement keep up the good work