ShadowReject's '94 z71 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Next on To Do list:
-Colormatch knuckles
-Repaint my half-ass paint job on lower frame
-Definitly have to ditch the black headlights.. Might get some black-cased ones with clear lenses.. Who knows.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Bought a pioneer sub and a 400watt amp and made a sub box and all of this to add on to my boss radio and sony spears. now my entire audio system is aftermarket!

Pics of my truck up ASAP

ShadowRejects

Reaction score

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Radio/stereo stuff. i lost the box to my sony speakers... My entire radio system is now aftermarket. This has all been installed in the truck

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
thought it would be nice to add up all of my mods and upgrades ive done to this truck:

Colormatched grille
Blazer HID Yellow fog lights
license plate side covers
painted chevy emlem
painted tie rods and frame
painted and cleaned engine bay
autolite spark plugs
race thermostat
fram air filter
fram oil filter
blacked out headlights
blacked out tail lights
blacked out cargo lamp
diamond metal tool box
diamond metal bed caps
duraliner bed liner instert
nyracord bed mat
Boss radio with 2.6 inch LCD
XO back-up/towing camera
Xpress remote entry (still trying to install...)
Sony radio speakers
400watt amp
pioneer sub
composite blue snakeskin flooring
metal pedals
metal 4x4 shifter
Stegosaurus dash creature *a must*
Painted black wheels with white ring
Reflexxion rear bumper custom painted black
Painted side chrome mirrors black
Red rear diff cover
Painted all existing rust
Roadpro Cb antenna and mount
Midland 5001z CB radio
Aftermarket Window Visors
2 Emergency Kits. One under front seat, one under back seat.
Switch panel under AC controls (soon to be rocker switches)
Brand new AC System
Blistein shock absorbers
Aftermarket exhaust *my dad forgot the name*
Bfgoodrich All-terrains out back
Dunlop all terrain's in front
Carbon-fiber wrapped tailgate handle-door handles
Titan ratchet straps
Metal-fold-away ratchet strap cleats (bolted to bed caps)

These are the ones i can think of off my head... The rest, no idea...

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Picked up some stuff from the scrap-yard! definite score. they had hundreds of trucks identical to mine but all newer interiors. Went ahead and took a overhead console, cup holder, and ac vent (mines broken) and tailgate handle housing. Both my parents were also taking parts from the firebird's they had to fix up their T/A's. So i took a lot of switches just to mess around with and make a switch panel or something. Give it the OEM look. Im NOT using the pontiac switch housing. Just FYI. lol But also picked up a new key lock so i can replace my assembly that snapped on the inside, and well as a coin holder from a TA that i will attach to the inside of the center console.

The overhead console is in pretty poor condition. But it's all in one piece. the doors are all broken. So im most likely going to have to make some sheet metal doors. Which I don't mind.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
The truck now. Amp and sub installed, (needs wiring cleaned up...) Flag mount in the back to fly some flags :)

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Installed most of the stuff i got from the junkyard. The coin holder is in a temporary spot. Ill mount it when i think of a spot to mount it. Most likely in the center console. Also fixed my locking mechanism on the center console! im in love with that little thing now. atleast my center console wont fly open now when i jump my truck :peace:
I then installed the cup holders. It was a direct fit that bolted on with existing bolts. I was suprised. Then I tackled the overhead console :evillol: It was a pain in the @$$. First of all, the one i took off this wrecked out silverado was missing all of it's doors, so my dad and I looked for some and only found 1. And it's hinges were broken.. So I went to lowes, and bought some mini-hinges and some metal flashing (sheet metal)
I came home, took it all apart, and painted the doors with the same color i colormatched my grille with. To give it a custom touch. I did debate on whether or not i should paint the plastic base black or not, but i passed on that.

So i paint all of the doors and make one out of sheet metal and it comes out surprisingly good. I then attach all the doors with hinges exept the last one. Now im done with the center console :evillol:
BUTTT my last door was mising a button to open it, so it would hang open :thumbsdown: so i stole the button from the middle door and put it on the back, and glued the middle door down for now, until i can either get another button or rig up one of my own.

So now I go to mount it, im pretty nervous because my headliner is SPOTLESS and factory.. so im afraid to cut into it. But i do it anyways, I proceed to look for the 2 little holes that the back of the console slide into, and.. whoops.. i cut a few inches to far:nono: but i still proceed to mount it.

The front of the overhead console is held on by a simple screw that goes into this little hole hidden under my front part of my headliner. It took me about 2 mintues to find it.
To bolt on the front, you need a metal threaded sandwich/sleve. I can't find one laying around. So i spend an hour tying to used an anchor to mount this thing...:nono:

I finally realize that when i took off my valence, i had a ton of those lying around. I find one, find a long narrow screw that threads into it, and get this baby bolted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks good, but the headliner part i cut too far off looks stange, so using some left over metal i painted white, i cut out a piece, and sandwich it between the console and headliner, looks funky, but hey, it works..

I still plan on wiring up my lights soon, But im definitely done for the day, i spend nearly 4 hours on this simple install :nono:

But it was worth it :)

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
When football season is over (around christmas) I'll be able to work probably multiple jobs, and my goal is to lift my truck before graduation. Im saving up for a 6" rcx lift (best for prices) and some 35's. Havent really decided on tire brand yet. Ill probably buy some used off craigslist. I would also LOVE to have some XD series wheels. I have having mine painted..

Goals to accomplish in the next 4-5 months:

1. 6" RCX lift - 1000$
2. 35'' tires - 1200-1800$
3. XD Series wheels - 800-1200$
_______________+ Ill need around 2800$ for the lift and tires. Ill get wheels later on.

So if I work minimum wage (7$), Then ill have to work 400 hours before i can afford this. Maybe around 500$ for gas and stuff.

So if i need to work a total of 400 hours, and i work, lets say, From 5 to 10, then thats 5 hours a day. So thats 35 dollars a day, 2800/35 = 80 days of constant working.

So around 3 months I need to work. That's not half bad. Because 3 months is summer. and During summer, Im off school and can work any time of the day.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
I wired my overhead console lamps, one bulb is bad though, LED swap is MUST. Their so dim it's useless...