oh my, i need soo much wiring help :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
i have so many wiring problems! i've tried a lot but cant figure it out, so i hope someone can help! all of the wiring in the truck (94) is out of my 90. so it might be a mess.

-blows the parking lamp fuse
-under dash lights don't turn off

that might be it thanks soo much if you can help me

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I'm assuming you've been going through the wiring for quite some time now..

First off I'm just going to stress this point: Check your grounds
I had all those problems minus the wipers coming on with headlights, and the parking lamp fuse blowing.
When I hit the headlights on, my door buzzer would ring
Tail lights wouldn't go out at all, blinkers were fast and reversed...

All it was, was the ground(s) at the trailer wiring harness. I don't recall if there was one or two back there..
Just check over the grounds first.
Unless you've got a bunch of stuff left to be plugged in.. then you might have issues there

Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
If it blows the parking light fuse immediately, you have a grounded wire in the parking light circuit.
Check your door switches for the under dash light problem
The taillights should be part of the parking light circuit, and should come on with the parking lights, so there's a place to start. sounds like the power feed to your tails is connected to the wrong circuit path.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
so i played with it earlier got the brake lights figured out. the light controller on the pedal wasn't hooked up right. fixed that and it worked right away. the under dash lights still dont work right but will keep playing with it.

BHBurban do you mean there is a grounded wire that shouldn't be?

thanks for your help guys!

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Yes like a pinched wire, a screw through a wire grounding it, or a wire hooked to ground that shouldn't be.
I'd start at the radio.

Sent from an obama phone

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the help. I got a lot of it straightened, but still have quite a bit of problems. Well maybe not a lot but big ones.

The courtesy lights don't turn off, I tried different switches and it didn't change anything, but a odd thing is they get dim and worked once.

The parking lamps still blow fuses :( I've tried moving grounds, but didn't change a thing.

The last thing is when I unbolt the battery wire from the battery and lean against the truck, it shocks me! I'm so confused and it hurts like hell!

Well anyways if you can help, thanks