New to the forum...98 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRedBeast

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. Im new to the forum and curious what the GMT400 means or where it came from? I know its obviously our model of trucks but not sure what the abbreviation stands for. I have a 98 Silverado stepside with a 6inch pro comp lift, 35" BFG's, K&N intake, Hypertech Programmer, Flowmaster Exhaust, 14 bolt rear end upgrade and 16x10 Weld Rock Crushers. In the future I would like to install a Whipple Charger, 2inch body lift, Fiberwerx front fenders, ARB front bumper with 12K winch, Pacesetter LT's, cat removal, Camper Shell, Lightforce Blitz 240's, under the rear seat subwoofer and amp, new speakers and change out my chrome nerf bars and rims for black, also change my K&N intake for a Volant.

With all of that said, hello to everyone! :cheers:

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Welcome from the Tampa area, post up pics if you have 'em.

GMT400 basically means GM Truck and 400 being the series, its just how GM labels their model lines like 00-07 being GMT800 and 07+ are GMT900s.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice stepside man, and welcome to the forum from the GMT400 staff!

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4wd, its got 6 bolt wheels, and welcome to the site!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome and nice truck
and it had to be 4wd, its got a 6inch procomp