New to me 98 Silverado in SLC, UT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right on, I grew up driving a '77 to highschool too, mine was a GMC though.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that is some low mileage on that '98! Nice truck!

Hopefull it stays that way. My DD is currently out of commission. I made a stupid mistake when putting the alternator back on. I mixed up the bolts and used a longer one in the wrong spot and put a hole right through the top of my rear valve cover. Currently waiting for it's replacement to show up. Been to both of the JYs local and not a one for my car. It'll be out of commission here in a couple weeks again while I put some "fun" parts on.
Here is my DD
You must be registered for see images attach

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't believe I've had this thing for over one year now. Still seems like I got it yesterday. I've had to repair a few things which is to be expected on an older truck even with low miles. Forever I couldn't figure out where the coolant leak I had was coming from and it was getting worse over time. Finally I took it in to pay someone to do an oil change. I almost never pay for an oil change as I enjoy doing it myself and it's cheaper, but the shop I occasionally use when I have need is a good place. I was pretty confident that they would attempt to diagnose the problem without charging me anything and I was right. Granted the oil change wasn't cheap, but oh well. Turned out the leak was coming from my water pump. A few days later the WP was in hand and then replaced. Not a terrible job, but I ended up doing it in about 10 degree weather which is less than ideal.

I added a homelink unit to the headliner. Also picked up some newer OEM wheels that I'll likely get new shoes for and install this summer.

I do have a few things to repair before inspection in Oct. My shop said that my ball joints and tie rod ends are worn and need replacing. I'll probably start to compile those soon. Also I backed into a pole and jacked up my bumper. $280 sucks to spend on a bumper, but I'm annoyed at how it looks and I have not been able to find any undamaged ones at the JY. Also I need to remove my hitch and hit it with the wire wheel and some paint.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and nice truck.
Your pictures when you bought it had 8B Idaho plates, which is Idaho Falls, and I live in Blackfoot Id.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and nice truck.
Your pictures when you bought it had 8B Idaho plates, which is Idaho Falls, and I live in Blackfoot Id.

Yeah, My parents live in IF. I bought it off of my dad. Have driven through blackfoot countless number of times. My great grandma lived out in Pingree and when I was young we would go out there quite a bit as well.